Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My Business Idea

The Entrepreneur Club on campus this week is sponsoring a "Business Idea Opportunity" where students submit business ideas for a start-up company. The best idea as determined by the "E-Club" gets a $10,000 of funding for their idea.

Me, being bogged down by school didn't have the time to submit an idea although I do have one. Here is my proposal:

Business Name: DogChildren

How I got the Idea: I got this idea from observing a bunch of my married friends. Being so young and in school they feel like they are not quite prepared for children. A bunch of them have considered pets but they feel whenever they go shopping at the pet store it is hard to find a pet they could call their own.

Problem: They can't find a pet they can call their own.

Solution: That is where DogChildren comes in. What I am hoping to do with DogChildren is to artifically impregnate the women with a pet dog. I've seen baby dogs and they are very small at birth, thus pregnancy would be fairly easy. Although expected mothers would still be expected to not smoke or ride inappropriate rollercoasters. I think the sense of love the couple would have for the DogChildren would almost equal that of their real children. With DogChildren there also would be the opportunity for multiple-revenue streams. We could sell balloons and banner with the caption, "IT'S A DOG" for the couples after birth of their DogChildren.

Potential Problems: Up to this point, we lack the technology. To be honest as far as artificially impregnating a women with a dog I have no idea where to even start. Also I am lacking a respectable logo. So far what I am thinking is a dog with a backwards hat but there has got to be something better.

No comments: